As everyone reading this will be aware, COVID-19 (the corona virus) has had a significant impact on our lives and the practice of dentistry.
We have discussed the Scottish Guidelines in detail and our patients will be affected in the following ways:-
1. You will not be offered a routine appointment at this time.
2. If you have a routine appointment planned, you will receive a phone-call regarding this. Your individual case will be discussed, however unless you have a dental emergency your appointment will be postponed.
3. If you have a dental emergency, please phone the practice for advice. At this time you will be assessed medically and asked a series of questions regarding your possible risk of having the COVID-19 virus.
4. We may be able to offer advice over the phone.
5. If if is seen necessary for you to attend the surgery you will be given an appointment.
6, On entering and exiting the practice you will be asked to use the alcohol hand rub.
7. You will be seen by either Ken or Helen and your problem will be dealt with.
Currently we are unable to perform many of our usual procedures such as fillings, scaling, many extractions, and anything that uses air or water. Obviously this may compromise the procedures we can provide, however, rest assured when this uncertain time is over we will ensure completion of your treatment at the earliest opportunity.
We are understandably keen to protect our patients, staff and ourselves at this worrying time. We would be grateful of your help in this. We are taking all the safety procedures that we can, however have NOT been issued (or able to source) the type of mask that will protect us. As our arms are NOT 1.5m long we cannot socially distance ourselves from our patients. We would therefore appreciate that you only attend the practice if necessary.
ps. When all this is over…..we look forward to seeing you on the other side. Stay safe!