As our radiology course at the Kingsmills Hotel was cancelled today due to the COVID-19 Crisis, we took the opportunity to plan for what may be very difficult months ahead.
It was decided that to continue to ensure the health of both ourselves and our patients that we will be only be providing emergency dental care, extractions and denture work.
It was a hard decision but we felt that it was imperative to follow the government guidelines, stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus in the area and also protect ourselves.
As for everyone these are very trying times, but we are sure that if everyone pulls together then this crisis will be over as soon as possible.
- Reduce amount of people in the practice – this includes the number patients attending the practice and the number of staff on the premises.
- Avoid the use of aerosol generating dental procedures – these include, fillings and hygiene appointments
- Continue encouraging the use of hand sanitisers on entry and exit to the practice for both staff and patients
- Have minimal equipment in surgeries
- Ask patients to do medical screen before appointments
- Continue to monitor guidelines